Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Leper's Return

Short review of The Leper's Return by Michael Jecks
Genre: Medieval Mystery
5th book in the Templar Series
This book, like the others in the series, follows Sir Baldwin of Furnshill, Keeper of the King's Peace and his friend the Bailiff Simon Puttock. This time they investigate the murder of a gold merchant from London. This one was a little different from the others as there were several sub plots, one of which is seperate from main storyline and another that only loosely ties back to the main plot. The other thing that kind of tripped me up was that the murderer seemed to be revealed well in advance of the climax. I think I wouldn't have liked this one as much as the others in the series except for the antics of Uther (chopsie) the lovable and loving Bull Mastiff owned by Sir Baldwin, who reminded me so much of a larger (much larger) version of my pug Sadie. Loving to the point of smothering, loyal, but not the brightest dog (after two years, Sadie still does not know her name, but at least she's cute.)

1 comment:

  1. I hope the reading is going well! (How can she not know her name???)

    ReplyDelete